Lately I switched from Java based Android development to native C++ code and started using the famous cocos2d-x framework for implementing my second Android game Henhouse Trouble, that I released almost a year ago. At that time I had quite some trouble with interfacing third party Android libraries like the AdMob SDK. Finally, I managed to get a working solution based on this article. While the article was extremely helpful for me in getting my own solution up and running, considering that I have minimal experience with JNI, I thought that AdMob SDK integration is quite a common task to deserve its own easy to integrate cocos2d-x extension. In this article I’ll present a step by step guide on how to integrate AdMob advertisements into your cocos2d-x 2.x.x application using the extension.
Almost four months passed since I’ve released my first Android game called Pocket Soccer. Game was very well received and even though its popularity showed some decline lately. In this post I would like to present some data about the lifecycle of Pocket Soccer so far, including my experience with alternative markets. Also, I will present some of the achievements it got. Finally, I would like to talk about the future development of Pocket Soccer that many people were interested in.
I am happy to announce that I’ve just published my first mobile game on the Android Market. I have experimented with creating games earlier, especially targeting the PC platform, however I never accomplished to release such one due to lack of resources, especially in the domain of artwork. Hence I turned to mobile platforms as there even a one-man-show game can bring loads of fun time to the players. So here we are now: after loads of abandoned PC projects, here I have my first published game called “Pocket Soccer”.